How can I vaccinate my employees and myself?
The most up-to-date information on the distribution of vaccines, current eligibility for vaccination, and preregistration can be found on New Jersey's COVID-19 Information Hub at covid19.nj.gov/vaccine.
Stopping a pandemic requires using all the tools we have available, and now we have a powerful new tool—vaccines. COVID-19 vaccines area key enabler of the new normal and New Jersey’s economic recovery from the pandemic. Because of this, the State of New Jersey is asking for the help of employers to promote the vaccine among the New Jersey workforce.
To support employers, the State of New Jersey is launching the New Jersey Employer COVID-19 Vaccine Promotion Toolkit which highlights key actions that employers can take right now to support vaccine uptake. These include:
- An email template that can be shared with employees to understand the benefits of vaccines and how to easily access COVID-19 vaccines
- Information on how employers can host no-cost pop-up vaccine sites for employees and their families
- An overview of the functions of New Jersey’s Vaccine Call Center that can be used by all employees
- Details on the NJ Earned Sick Leave law, which requires employers to allow workers to use their earned paid sick time to get the vaccine and recover from side effects
- An overview of other vaccine promotion actions that employers could consider in the fight against COVID-19
Employer Vaccine Promotion Survey
The Department of Health is excited to partner with employers to host no-cost pop-up vaccine clinics on employer worksites to help employees and their families access the vaccine. Employers interested in hosting a pop-up vaccine site should complete this survey.
Completing this survey will notify the NJ Department of Health and its partners of your interest. The NJ Department of Health will be in touch to discuss how to help fulfill your request.
Earned Sick Leave Resources
Under NJ state law, employers must provide up to 40 hours of paid earned sick leave per year to most full- and part-time employees, including migrant and seasonal employees. Employees may use these hours to take paid time off work to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, including travel to and from the vaccine appointment and recovery from any side effects.
Find more information about NJ Earned Sick Leave policy and how it pertains to COVID-19 vaccination at mysickdays.nj.gov.
Other Resources and Toolkits
- New Jersey COVID-19 Awareness Campaign Digital Resource Toolkit
- New Jersey Department of Health YouTube Channel
- CDC Vaccination Toolkits
- COVID-19 Information Hub
- NJ Vaccination Homepage
- Vaccine Pop-Up FAQ