How do I contract with the State as a small business, minority- or women-owned business?
NJSAVI (New Jersey Selective Assistance Vendor Information) is a database that identifies businesses that are registered as a SBE and/or certified as a M/WBE with the State of New Jersey, through the Division of Revenue. The NJSAVI marketplace identifies businesses eligible for mandated State programs such as the NJ Small Business Set-Aside program, and aids in matching buyers and vendors for private contracting opportunities.
NJSAVI lists vendors by business name, ID number or address. It provides name of the contact person, address and telephone number(s), gross sales categories, commodities and/or construction trade code(s). It also identifies vendors as small, minority- and/or women-owned businesses.
To register as a Small Business Enterprise (SBE) under the Small Business Set-Aside Act or to be certified as a Minority and/or Women Business Enterprise (M/WBE), you must complete the following forms (as pertinent):
- New SBE Online Registry Service
- Minority and/or Women Business Enterprise Certification
- MSDC or Other Fast Track Certification
There is a $100.00 (non-refundable) small business application fee.
For additional information on these programs or services call the Division of Revenue, Small Business Registration and M/WBE Certification Services unit at (609) 292-2146.
Relevant forms are available from the Department of Treasury:
- MBE/WBE Regulations N.J.A.C. 17:46
- FMERA Request for Offers to Purchase - Howard Commons
- Veteran Owned Business (VOB) Registration Application
- Veteran Owned Business (VOB) Annual Verification Form
- Disabled Veteran Owned Business (DVOB) Registration Application
- Disabled Veteran Owned Business (DVOB) Annual Verification
- Registration and Certification: FAQs
- Construction Craft Code Lookup
- New Small Business Enterprise Online Registry Service
- MBE/WBE Certification Application
- Fast Track - Other (Port Authority, Out of State, Etc.) Certification Application