What research resources are available to New Jersey businesses?
1. Research with NJ
ResearchwithNJ.com is an online gateway that lets New Jersey’s entrepreneurs and commercial enterprises identify experts, facilities, publications, intellectual property, news, and events in five of the state’s universities: Princeton University, Rutgers University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Stevens Institute of Technology, and Rowan University. Our objective is to help forge collaborative partnerships between academia and the private sector, which in turn may lead to exciting new businesses and products based on the latest scientific and technological breakthroughs. ResearchwithNJ.com is more than just a place to get information: it is a dynamic community of collaborative networks and news about the New Jersey’s unique culture of innovation. The database is also supported by six of New Jersey’s leading business and industry organizations: the New Jersey Business & Industry Association, Choose NJ, Bio NJ, the HealthCare Institute of New Jersey, the Research and Development Council of New Jersey, and the New Jersey Tech Council.
2. New Jersey State Library Online Content and Databases
• Job & Career Accelerator (available on-line at public libraries)
• Frost & Sullivan – Competitive business intelligence. Provides comprehensive industry and market research articles to encourage growth and empowerment.
• Workforce Learning Link
• Business Source Premier – Over 2,300 full-text journals, including more than 1,100 peer-reviewed titles. Covers business, marketing, accounting, management, economics, finance, banking and more.
• Regional Business News – Comprehensive coverage for regional business publications, incorporating coverage of 75 business journals, newspapers and newswires from all metropolitan and rural areas within the U.S.
• Reference USA – Select any of the seven Reference USA databases to search from a main access page: U.S. Businesses, U.S. New Businesses; U.S. New Movers/Homeowners; U.S. Healthcare; U.S. Standard White Pages; Canadian Business and Canadian White Pages.
For more information, visit www.njstatelib.org or contact:
Peggy Birdsall Cadigan
Deputy State Librarian
Head of Library Development
(609) 278-2640 ext. 113