Symposium on COVID, Women and the Economy: Avoiding the Next “She-cession”
Friday, June 4th, 2021, from 9a.m. to 1p.m.
This event will provide solutions on what New Jersey – and the nation – can do to better support women in the workforce in order to build a stronger economy for all. Get a firsthand look at some of the long-term solutions being proposed to help women displaced from the workforce, and be able to both ask questions and provide input on the types of challenges they or their employees are facing.
The half-day, virtual event will bring together leading economists, academics, business professionals, and policy movers and shakers on two separate panels. The event will also feature appearances by Governor Phil Murphy and First Lady Tammy Murphy, remarks from Lieutenant Governor Oliver, highlight stories from real women in New Jersey who have been impacted by the pandemic, and provide valuable resources for women of all socio-economic backgrounds. Read the event details.
- New Jersey Treasurer Elizabeth Maher Muoio
- Gov. Phil Murphy and NJ First Lady Tammy Murphy
- Lt. Gov. Sheila Oliver
- Reshma Saujani, Girls Who Code and the Marshall Plan for Moms
- Assemblywoman Eliana Pintor-Marin
- Zakiya Smith-Ellis, Chief Policy Advisor to Gov. Phil Murphy
- Emily Martin, National Women's Law Center
- Elyse Shaw, Institute for Women's Policy Research
- Yana Rodgers, Director, Rutgers University Center for Women and Work
- Jessica Gonzales, CEO, InCharge
- Lesley Hirsch, Assistant Commissioner of Research and Information, New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
This event is hosted by the New Jersey Department of the Treasury.
NJ Department of the Treasury